Re: [tor-talk] Using Mumble with Tor

Bruno Cartusia:
>> In conclusion, I think the only safe use cases for Voip or Tor are
>> location hiding while not being anonymous; hiding who is talking to
>> whom; and talking to people you trust while hiding that you are
>> talking to them and your locations from outside observers.
> I think it might be better instead of relying on an untrustworthy a
> future someone to be tortured that you

> might use a voice distorter

Which opens up for the question how good those actually work or if they
can be trivially broken. I never looked that up, but would speculate
that accent and typical mistakes sum up and make one quite unique. And
do people consider using voice scramblers at all?

> or
> simply use text-to-speech software to do the talking for you.

Does really someone want to do so? I don't object, but seems absurd to
me. Why not rather use OpenPGP mail or OTR chat then? Happy to be
educated about new cases.