Re: [tor-talk] Phones for Tor

grarpamp wrote:
http://guardianrom.com/

This is a new find, thanks.
Interesting option this, pity the documentation is virtually non-existent (how to build/use etc).

http://www.cryptophone.de/en/products/mobile/

There is no guarantee about hardware level security, as your
are buying a consumer device.

Afaik, these are both 100% off the shelf unmodified consumer
HW and offer no such guarantee.
Afaik, they're both just compiled SW stack/OS 'ROM'
installed and run on the existing HW.
One under a corp model that includes a phone, one the
opensource model that doesn't.
This phone appears to be Windows-based. I see that they are banging on about their FOSS on every web page on their site, but that doesn't change the fact that the whole software is based on the Windows-platform. I don't know about you, but I don't trust Micro$oft as far as I could throw them.

Also, it looks as though the whole Cryptophone's setup is centralised (you have to register centrally - to their servers?), so this is another no-no from me - I like everything *de*-centralised (a la Tor) and I also like to have full control of everything what goes on on that phone - fancy menus which don't tell me much is something frowned upon here.

Interesting feature is the Baseband firewall - I'd love to have some of that - anyone know of (decent) Android/Linux-based implementations of this?