 From: Joe Btfsplk <joebtfsplk@xxxxxxx>
To: tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, July 6, 2014 1:56 PM
Subject: [tor-talk] Google Translation accuracy [was: Tor Exit Operator convicted in Austrian lower court]

If the google translation of the document at:
http://www.heise.de/ct/heft/2013-20--2248651.html is mostly accurate (if
not grammatically correct), this seems an odd statement:
"Overall, the probability that your privacy is sacrificed as collateral
damage increases by the use of Tor significantly."
An increase of sacrificed privacy compared to what?  To "average" users
surfing w/ no privacy protection / anonymization at all?  That would be
true only if LEAs weren't monitoring standard browsers / clear internet
traffic at all.  But that's not the case.

Something lost in translation?  Maybe they meant you're more likely to
be *monitored* when using Tor?