Re: [tor-talk] Fighting human trafficking (on Tor and elsewhere) with Python

I wouldn't go quite that far, but scanning over I can see a few strange
comments in the notes

> No metrics on the amount of pedophilia that actually happens Tor -
probably a lot
In POST's report to the UK Government they mentioned (I presume based on
metrics) that most didn't use Tor because they found it too slow. I'm not
in a position to know for sure, but my suspicion is that it's actually far
more prevalent on the clearnet.

> Google can't scrape the deep web
Google scrapes far more of the deep web than some realise - if you can view
a HS through tor2web there's a reasonable chance that Google has crawled
it. All it takes is a single link (whether to a HS that links to your HS,
or a direct link).

Most of the other points are things that seem to have been rehashed over
and over - can't we protect legitimate users whilst defending against
illegitimate ones? etc.

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 6:27 PM, aka <akademiker1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Self-promotion for SJW hipster podcaster who can't program shit and uses
> python.
> >Muh feels
> >Anonymity is bad
> >Tor is only child porn
> >We need to regulate anonymity
>
> fuck off shill
>
> Chris Patti wrote:
> > Folks we just did an interview with Eric Schles of the Manhattan DA's
> > office who wrote a bunch of interesting software to help hunt down
> > human trafficking.
> >
> > The reason I re-post it here is that it has a bunch of interesting
> > discussion around Tor - Eric would like to find a way, without
> > diminnishing the usefulness of the system and the service it provides,
> > to help root out and possibly ostricize pedo / sexual exploitation
> > sites.
> >

> http://podcastinit.com/episode-12-eric-schles-on-fighting-human-trafficking-with-python.html
> >
> > -Chris
> >
> --