Re: [tor-talk] pdf with tor

I feel like the wrong issue is being discussed here; the real danger is not
really IP leaks. If you skipped Seth's post because of its length I suggest
you go back and read it.

If someone manages to trick your PDF viewer into running arbitrary code
with a malicious PDF file, that person may then have full control over your
machine and all your files, passwords, emails etc. In this situation Tor
cannot protect your privacy and anonymity anymore.

This is why the Tor project provides the stringent recommendation of
dedicating an isolated virtual machine to opening PDF files.