Re: [tor-talk] tor not running

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 10:09:16AM -0700, Seth David Schoen wrote:
> Bill Cunningham writes:
> > #3 and on I did not know. Never usesd "Keys". But I have the gp44win
> > know. I will let you know the results. After having "imported the
> > keychain" If that's the correct wording. How does this download site
> > work for others and not me? I am showing my ignorance I know, but I
> > don't know why.
>
> Most users don't use GPG to verify their downloads -- probably much
> fewer than 1%.

Last year, Andrew Lewman analysed the log files of his website mirror
to answer that question:
<http://archives.seul.org/tor/talk/Jul-2014/msg00565.html>

His number seems surprisingly high, but the analysis should be taken
with a grain of salt.  For example, users who find their way to a mirror
(instead of using the official web site) might be more technical, and as
a result more likely to verify downloads.  Also, the analysis did not
weed out bots and other noise.

Cheers,
Philipp