[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[tor-talk] Tor 0.4.1.4-rc is released
There's a new alpha Tor release! Because it's an alpha, you should
only run it if you're ready to find more bugs than usual, and report
them on trac.torproject.org.
The source code is available at
https://www.torproject.org/download/tor/; if you build Tor from
source, why not give it a try? And if you don't build Tor from source,
packages should be ready over the coming days, with a Tor Browser
alpha release likely in the next month.
Here's what's new:
Changes in version 0.4.1.4-rc - 2019-07-25
Tor 0.4.1.4-rc fixes a few bugs from previous versions of Tor, and
updates to a new list of fallback directories. If no new bugs are
found, the next release in the 0.4.1.x serious should be stable.
o Major bugfixes (circuit build, guard):
- When considering upgrading circuits from "waiting for guard" to
"open", always ignore circuits that are marked for close. Otherwise,
we can end up in the situation where a subsystem is notified that
a closing circuit has just opened, leading to undesirable
behavior. Fixes bug 30871; bugfix on 0.3.0.1-alpha.
o Minor features (continuous integration):
- Our Travis configuration now uses Chutney to run some network
integration tests automatically. Closes ticket 29280.
o Minor features (fallback directory list):
- Replace the 157 fallbacks originally introduced in Tor 0.3.5.6-rc
in December 2018 (of which ~122 were still functional), with a
list of 148 fallbacks (70 new, 78 existing, 79 removed) generated
in June 2019. Closes ticket 28795.
o Minor bugfixes (circuit padding):
- On relays, properly check that a padding machine is absent before
logging a warning about it being absent. Fixes bug 30649; bugfix
- Add two NULL checks in unreachable places to silence Coverity (CID
144729 and 1447291) and better future-proof ourselves. Fixes bug
31024; bugfix on 0.4.1.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (crash on exit):
- Avoid a set of possible code paths that could try to use freed
memory in routerlist_free() while Tor was exiting. Fixes bug
31003; bugfix on 0.1.2.2-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (logging):
- Fix a conflict between the flag used for messaging-domain log
messages, and the LD_NO_MOCK testing flag. Fixes bug 31080; bugfix
o Minor bugfixes (memory leaks):
- Fix a trivial memory leak when parsing an invalid value from a
download schedule in the configuration. Fixes bug 30894; bugfix
o Code simplification and refactoring:
- Remove some dead code from circpad_machine_remove_token() to fix
some Coverity warnings (CID 1447298). Fixes bug 31027; bugfix
tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe or change other settings go to