[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Vidalia
- From: Charles Finley <vikingserver2006@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 01:36:39 -0700 (PDT)
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 04:36:44 -0400
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=eg6/D7Ksy+bULWg8ir8uRmegM4RPxpLJQOZs+/ndnR8sJtkkrUKWUUQzwfKGev2Xg4HebkPT3VByxlvp3ELHXaSNeyQA8t4HEbN8gRjnM71sdrx64RiwovNdg64RZyYEQX9zx1wq3ZDR3F5jk0gcb7/FHHUGqhC99HuAQuJVA7o= ;
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Yes, Ringo, I also wonder why it suddenly changed. I
never saw any discussion either.
In my opinion Vidalia has too many bugs to be released
in a package that is supposed to be stable. If the
developers want to include an unstable program like
Vidalia 0.0.4, they should clearly call the
tor-vidalia-bundle beta, or something more honest than
I immediately went back to using TorCP, as it is
stable and predictable.
Vidalia messed up me server settings, and my comments
I had made in the torrc file.
Vidalia has the potential to become a good program,
but the decicion to include an unstable release of
Vidalia together with a stable release of TOR wasn't
very smart, in my opinion.
I would appreciate it if the developers continued to
include TorCP in the bundle, until there is a stable
Vidalia release where known bugs have been fixed.
Also, it would be good to know why a GUI to TOR is
called Vidalia? Where is the connection between the
names? Why was Vidalia chosen as name? My opinion is
that the name of a GUI should be related to the name
of the main program. But maybe Vidalia is just a
temporary GUI, and therefore the good names are saved
for future GUI releases?
Sorry for complaining, I'm doing it so the developers
of TOR and Vidalia can make better programs. ;-)
Thanks for creating TOR!
--- Ringo Kamens <2600denver@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I was just wondering when we switched from the old
> torcp to vidalia. I
> didn't really see any discussion about it.
> Ringo Kamens
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around