Re: Tor 0.1.1.20 servers no longer handle dynamic IPs?

* Roger Dingledine (arma@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> It seems that Tor 0.1.0.17 correctly handled people running servers
> with dynamic IP addresses:
> http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/TorFAQ#DynamicIP

Can't tell. I switched to 0.1.1.x long ago...

> I've gotten a report that Tor 0.1.1.20 does not -- when the IP address
> changes, Tor notices, but then it never finds itself reachable. Only
> restarting the process fixes it.
>
> Has anybody else experienced this? Or run servers on 0.1.1.20 successfully
> using dynamic IP adresses?

IMO every version i tried so far has this problem (dirport or orport
not reachable until restarted) and 1.1.20 is no exception.  Sometimes it
works, sometimes not, even after a restart. I mean it may need several
restarts.  Other times, it handles this just right.  It's no big deal, as
eventually I'll notice it.

It happened for the last time may 27th.  So I don't have the logs anymore.

Should you need further info, I'll be happy to help.