Re: Vidalia

On Jun 1, 2006, at 8:21 AM, Ringo Kamens wrote:
1. Implemented into tor without any previous notice

Vidalia has been publicly available since February 28, 2006 and has been on the list[1] of programs you might want to use in association with Tor since March 03, 2006. We've had source available since Vidalia's birth and have had at least a Windows bundle, including Tor and Privoxy, since 0.0.1. Since then, we've always been updating our bundles whenever a new version of Tor comes out.

Vidalia didn't just magically appear one day; you just weren't looking hard enough. :)

2. The server browsing software on their site is called trac
3. There is an unexplained QT symbol in the about menu

Nick covered these sufficiently in a recent post, I believe.

4. Either they changed this or I can't find it. It said created by and then had a suspicious name like watchwear or something.

Hm. Let me know if you remember what "it" was, because I don't know.

I will personally audit the source code for this to satisfy my paranoia and I'll report back.

Great! We'd like to know about any bugs you find!

[1] http://wiki.noreply.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/SupportPrograms