Re: China's Google Blockage

Sorry, I just noticed I sent this without saying why:

What caught my eye was this part:

On Tuesday, Google co-founder Sergey Brin defended his company's decision to launch the censored Google.cn service, a move which drew heavy criticism.

"We felt that perhaps we could compromise our principles but provide ultimately more information for the Chinese and be a more effective service," he said.

"Perhaps now the principled approach makes more sense."

Looks like maybe Google is reconsidering its partnership with the .cn government?

And then secondarily :

Chinese authorities have also stepped up measures against software designed to bypass internet censorship, the Reporters Without Borders statement said.

I'm not sure what "stepped up" means, though...

User 165
user165@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx