[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Cisco firewall filtering Tor?
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Cisco firewall filtering Tor?
- From: "Jay Goodman Tamboli" <jay@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 20:11:03 -0400
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 20:11:11 -0400
- Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:x-google-sender-auth; b=W5U6g587JzXGDfG4aAWZiTx/LsERFNiU5UJgUHDRjLmq9nnbipebBYZN+2V/uUHIPaXJ8UvXFRF8vCQomLi03fEUm2UTfbeFyA/wf/FEODWIgT5AxyLsYVF8b9rB0CiB/f8zAZzY6UPnSZR0yzsTX1FsYS0NK1AQAGbA8oihwSs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:x-google-sender-auth; b=AXzzTKvELwc8IIjspW3FuQVyZbMRPb9Jm6cB9L0zf2gfMSldWkdkOF9NV/0ZAzgOy/RXBKN67P88p1oiEPGbt0iV4kzTtPYxwD6OsUzlVzK5D8UW/rCvG8a6klfQNKHhJ3ZA5BGO5i3W3AcVaDKceWRsl7bo1XSxmr3wp63xM44=
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm stuck behind a FascistFirewall part of the day, and I've been
trying to get Tor to work as a client. I've added a line to my torrc:
Oddly, I can see that Skype is using TCP connections on port 443. I
can't tell if they're working, but Skype is keeping them up (and Skype
as a whole seems to be working).
Tor, on the other hand, is not working. netstat shows established
connections on port 443, but Tor doesn't seem to be accepting them as
usable. I have debug logging on, but I'm not sure what to look for,
since it seems to be trying to create circuits in parallel. Is there a
message printed when a OR connection fails, giving a reason?
Is it possible the firewall is looking at the :443 connections and
somehow telling that it's Tor rather than HTTPS?