Re: Hetzner

I've used to run a Tor exit with Hetzner a couple years ago,
which resulted in several tet-a-tetes with the local (Bavaria)
police.

I don't think Hetzner will give a damn if you're running a
middleman. Especially if it's throttled, so you're not making
them lose money on you.
That's also my opinion. We also ran an exit node at Hetzner which
lead to
several discussions with their abuse people. One time the server
simply was shut down and it took me days and much discussion to
bring them to activate the network again.
They have been very uncooperative all the time. As a consequence,
we moved our
services away from Hetzner.
Bernhard
All other ISPs (in Germany) will behave exactly the same way due to
suppression from the state...

Timo

Note how that even after multiple abuse shutdowns, much discussion,
eventual reactivation (thereby indicating that they understood that
the alleged abuse did not originate from the customer), and a history
of uncooperative behavior on their part: they still pretend that they
have never heard of Tor.

It looks like they just want people to waste time and energy
explaining it to them. They hope that if it becomes too much trouble
for you, maybe you will choose another provider.

Maybe that this is the normal 'modus operandi'. There's lusers and geeks running TOR -- those get into that mode.

Timo