Re: Help Iranian dissidents

I can't speak to the others, but for this one:

On 06/24/2009 03:32 PM, Andrew Lewman wrote:
> Step 2) Wait for Tor Project to do the technical work.

There could be at least four reasons:

1) they don't believe it.
They're just throwing ideas at the wall, to see who will do free work
for them.  They wouldn't spend a dime of their own money to do it.

2) lack of capital
They think it's a good idea, but don't have the funds to
allocate/acquire the manpower to get it done.  If only they were better
at raising money they'd get it done.
Summer of Code, perhaps other outlets for these folks?

3) ideological inefficiency
They think it's a tor feature, Tor Project alone should do it, even if
they have the capital and believe the business case.  I trust in
individual self-interest too much to believe this is real.

4) Confusion
They'd do it themselves but it's not obvious what they need to do.
Being opaque, they work on other things first.
I suspect this is possible, so I started a wiki page that could, in a
future form, be useful to this class:
  https://wiki.torproject.org/noreply/TheOnionRouter/EmbeddedTips
It would be great if those with experience could add info/links here,
especially architectural elements with broad commonality among potential
targets.

-Bill

http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Cell: 603.252.2606
Twitter, etc.: bill_mcgonigle   Page: 603.442.1833
Email, IM, VOIP: bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/