General question about exit policies...

   Hi all,

   One thing I do not see is support for an exit policy such as:

   accept *.yahoo.com:80
   accept *.google.com:80

Is this type of statement supported but undocumented, and what would people think of having that ability?

From my standpoint, it would certainly make running an exit easier for me to handle from an abuse management standpoint. In this way server admins who might have servers in unfriendly environments could perhaps allow exits to hard to abuse locations that are high traffic sites. Thus increasing bandwidth overall.

And while I know I can dig up the addresses myself with some degree of accuracy and provide exit in that manner, it would allow admins to ensure that the port that was opened, was actually being used for the protocol for which it was intended, by only allowing exit to an intended target.

This isn't a judgment about the people using Tor, but rather a tool that admins can use to provide bandwidth in a less risky manner.

   Thoughts or comments?

   Michael