Re: [tor-talk] Best way to anonymize email while still be allowing to receive it?

What if you setup a minimal VM for the mailserver?  It would have an independent IP and be accessible via tor locally and externally wouldn't it (if the routing is setup properly)?

I used to use my own mailserver to send/receive but ended up having to quit simply because most of the recipient email systems would reject my sendmail - it wasn't registered so (I assume) the systems (yahoo, gmail, etc) probably thought I was a spam house or something and so would reject any mail I attempted to send.

Is your mailserver registered?  While all you need is a FQDN to do so, it may tend to break your anon unless you religiously keep that FQDN on tor so that no hostname search will ever pull up your real IP.

On Thursday, June 09, 2011 04:25:34 am Karsten N. wrote:
> Am 09.06.2011 04:53, schrieb 0:
> > It would connect like this, evolution --> tor --> local mail server
>
> It is not possible to use Evolution with Tor, because you can not set a
> SOCKS proxy for Evolution.
>
> It is not possible for Tor to connect to your local mail server (behind
> a rouer?).
>
> Greetings
> Karsten N.

âFascism ought to more properly be called corporatism since it is the merger of the state and corporate power.â --Benito Mussolini, father of fascism