From: japlin@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 15:45:30 -0400
To: tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [tor-talk] How to choose to get connected to a specific relay?

On Jun 20, 2011, at 9:24 AM, Achter Lieber wrote:
>> A quick way to do it is to type http://abcd.com.<fingerprint>.exit into your
>> browser's address bar when <fingerprint> is the fingerprint of a Tor exit relay

hi. Sorry and i hope you don't mind but could you be very specific about what exactly 'abcd.com' and <fingerprint>.exit mean in real words for me? is 'abcd.com' a site one desires to go to? Then, what is 'fingerprint'? And, where do you find or perhaps i should ask, how do you find this, these fingerprints?
Sorry for being so dense. Thanks

The "abcd.com" in that example is any website you want to visit, followed by a dot, the fingerprint of the exit you want your traffic to exit from, and then ".exit". The fingerprint of a router is its unique identifier, and can be found in the "Network Map" window of Vidalia by right-clicking on the desired router's name, selecting "copy", and then "fingerprint". They are also available on the status websites, notably http://torstatus.blutmagie.de

So, for example, to visit "torproject.org" and route your traffic through the "blutmagie" exit, you would enable torbutton and point your browser to http://torproject.org.6297b13a687b521a59c6bd79188a2501ec03a065.exit

~Justin Aplin