[tor-talk] dnsleaktest.com results - why so many DNS servers?

I understand that the exit node server does the DNS resolution.  I just wanted to clarify a couple of things when using dnsleaktest.com

I am using 31.172.8.10 which is chaoscomputerclub18.

I assume there are 8 DNS servers (see below) 'just in case' several collapse simultaneously.  Correct?

And, I suppose, it doesn't matter if requests are logged e.g. by Level 3 Communications or Google because no-one knows who the Tor client (me) is.

---------------

We detected the 8 DNS servers listed below.

IP:    31.172.8.10

Hostname:    dns-dus-001.rrbone.net
ISP:    rrbone UG (haftungsbeschraenkt)
Country:    Germany