Re: [tor-talk] [Bitcoin-development] Tor hidden service support

2012/6/27 Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Bernd, have you saw the proposed tips on using Tor's GSoc APAF for your
> TorChat buildsystem ? https://github.com/prof7bit/TorChat/issues/16

I have seen it, I need more time to read about it and learn what APAF
actually is and how the final product that would come out of such an
effort would look like. It surely sounds interesting and maybe
something useful can result from it.

But unfortunately you should not expect much movement in Python
TorChat (from my side) for the next few months, at the moment I am
working 99% on rewriting TorChat from scratch in a compiled language
(the core of it and a libpurple plugin based on this code is already
finished), I'm planning to completely move away from Python as soon as
possible, the new TorChat will be one small static native binary with
no dependencies and also the build process and build dependencies for
it will be greatly simplified.

But I will still follow the APAF project with interest and try to
learn more about it, it sounds interesting.