Re: [tor-talk] [Bitcoin-development] Tor hidden service support

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 1:00 PM, grarpamp <grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 256 bits - A tough interop problem for sure. It seems maybe
> a worthy long term goal for the projects to sort out.

It can be probably solved on the I2P side. The 256-bit address is a
SHA-256 of the full 3072-bit address (2048-bit public key + 1024-bit
signing public key) + a few extra bytes. I guess that I2P could
support a shorter hash for unique local IPv6 mappings — say, 95 bits.

--
Maxim Kammerer
Liberté Linux: http://dee.su/liberte