Re: [tor-talk] Tor Browser Bundle 3.0alpha1 test builds

Andreas Krey:
> On Sat, 15 Jun 2013 19:09:28 +0000, Mike Perry wrote:
> > For everyone who is experiencing these crashes: Do you have a system tor
> > installed? If so, if you uninstall it and reboot, does TBB still crash?
>
> Not sure what 'system tor' is. I have older TBBs on the system, but
> they shouldn't do anything permanent to the system? Anyway, it crashes
> the same way after a reboot without having run the old TBB before.

I mean the bridge bundles, relay bundles or the vidalia+tor bundles that
get installed into your program files directory as opposed to just your
desktop. These tor binaries get registered as a Windows system service,
which could have a number of different effects.

If people are experiencing these crashes without having installed a Tor
Relay or similar bundle, then the next step is to make a fresh VM and
start adding your favorite security and other always-on service software
to the VM until it breaks.

Once again, there are quite a few people for which these bundles work
just fine on vanilla x64+Win7, so there has to be some third party
software component causing these crash/exit issues.

--
Mike Perry