Re: [tor-talk] "Torifier" for Windows

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 3:23 PM, Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)
<lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 6/17/13 8:21 PM, mancha wrote:
>>
>> Hello.
>>
>> Is there a Tor Project sanctioned method to "torify"
>> applications on Windows?
>>
>> On systems such as Linux there are wrappers like torify
>> and torsocks. Windows does have some functional pseudo
>> equivalents like FreeCap and other proprietary/closed
>> applications.
>
> Please check TorCap2: https://github.com/cpatulea/TorCap2
>
> Relevant discussion thread:
> https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2012-January/003214.html

Yeah, but caveat emptor there.  It seems to wrap rather less than the
full Winsock API, so I wouldn't assume that this will actually prevent
your program from going around Tor without actually doing a lot of
testing.

Also, its API hooking system is based on the ubiquitous  ZDisasm.c
file written by Z0MBiE, who to the best of my knowledge never actually
put a license on it.  So it might be legally problematic to
redistribute (unless I'm wrong about that, and Z0MBiE *did* explicitly
put it ZDisasm.c under some open-source license or release it under
the public domain.)

best wishes,
--
Nick