[tor-talk] Tor Browser Bundle 3.0alpha1 test builds (Chrash upon launch)

Sorry if threading is messed up, I couldn't find you e-mail, this mailing-list shit sucks!

Matt Pagan:
> On 6/15/13, Georg Koppen <g.koppen at jondos.de> wrote:

> >> Erm, I used torbrowser-install-3.0-alpha-1_en-US,
> >> and it immediately (at double-clicking the 'Start
> >> Tor Browser') crashes on this Windows 7 box.
> >
> > Works for me. It would be interesting to know whether that only happens
> > with the official builds or with ln5's or gk's builds as well (I could
> > not access mike's due to permission issues)...
>
> I'm downloaded the package at
> official/torbrowser-install-3.0-alpha-1_en-US.exe on a Windows 7
> 64-bit laptop. I did not see any error messages on the install but
> when I opened 'Start Tor Browser' nothing happened.

This crash does not happen to me on a fresh x64 Win7 VM. It is possibly
an AV/other software conflict.

I got an off-list reply from someone claiming that this was due to a
system Tor being installed, and that the conflict happens even if the
system Tor is not running.

I am not sure how they arrived at this conclusion/diagnosis, so we
should try to reproduce it.

For everyone who is experiencing these crashes: Do you have a system tor
installed? If so, if you uninstall it and reboot, does TBB still crash?

Mike Perry