Re: [tor-talk] Please try and test bundles with the "meek" pluggable transport (3.6.2-meek-1)

On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 08:41:22AM -0700, David Fifield wrote:
> We have been working on a new pluggable transport called "meek." Here
> are bundles, based on 3.6.2, that have support for meek. Please try them
> and report your experience. You need to answer Yes to the question "Does
> your Internet Service Provider (ISP) block or otherwise censor
> connections to the Tor Network?" and then select "meek" from the
> dropdown box.
>
> https://people.torproject.org/~dcf/pt-bundle/3.6.2-meek-1/
> https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/meek#Quickstart
>
> The files are signed with my key 0xC11F6276 from:
> https://www.torproject.org/docs/signing-keys
> https://www.bamsoftware.com/david/david.asc

I picked a good day to announce this :) Google App Engine's URLFetch
service, which is the link between Google and meek's Tor bridge, has
been not working for about the last hour (since 18:30 PDT).

https://code.google.com/status/appengine

The bundles won't work until the problem is resolved. If you want to
read about research into other diverse web services that may be
supported as alternatives to Google, see
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/doc/meek#Webservices.

David Fifield