Re: [tor-talk] Illegal Activity As A Metric of Tor Security and Anonymity

I understand everyone's feelings here and tempers can run hot.  Firstly, not everyone in the US government supports the current behaviour, its a minority in senior positions.  The rest are just following orders although some of them need to get a backbone and remember the oath they have taken and what their nation stands for.

Right now we have a situation where National Security concerns are trumping everything and that is certainly not the basis for a free world.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd rather face the enemy than hide like a coward jumping at every shadow.  I grew up with terrorism and the cold war, with the very distinct possibility of dying.  I rather run the risk of been blown to pieces, or shot, than support a stasi-like spy state that will protect me.  Throwing away freedom to safe-guard against possible threats is no way to go through life, in the end, it means you have lost your nation.  It means you did the enemy's work, which is by any measure a form treason.

Anyway, we have a simple solution to this global view and hidden services.  We just implement a distributed hosting solution within the Tor system and end-to-end visibility is gone.

Regards,

Mark McCarron