Re: [tor-talk] Audio fingerprinting

> So itâs not collecting sound played or recorded on a machine but rather harvesting the audio signature of the individual machine and using that as an identifier to track a web user.
"Audio signature" seems a bit broad. From what I can tell it could be doing
about three things:1) Fingerprint the browser by looking at the antialiasing method its
audiocontext implementation uses2) If the browser is branching the antialiasing method based on the
machine/processor/etc., then the miner can infer that by looking at the output.3) Measuring the time it takes the machine to generate the output.
It's a javascript api, and if you have javascript turned on there are already
way easier ways to get #1 and #2. Plus I doubt #3 would ever be the
determining factor in positively ID'ing a machine.
But it's still another bit of data. When GCC adds a line to output a caret
showing the exact column where an error starts, I go, "Oh, that's very nice!"
I'm sure the folks at the other end of your request do the same.
-Jonathan

 On Friday, June 3, 2016 5:40 PM, "mrnobody@xxxxxxxxxx" <mrnobody@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Actually meant if some of you anon folks knew if it was possible to
perform this deanonymisation without javascript. The "fuck javascript"
part that i know :)

juan: