Re: [tor-talk] Question for those who say "Tor is pwned"

So we learn:

Well known limitation or TOR are well known.

From this we can determine:

There is more work to do either in improving TOR or devising another
theoretical model that is but usefully performant and secure against a
global passive adversary (there's probably a few more doctoral robes
available for that last one).

But none of this is news.

TOR has always been upfront about the current design limitations and
striven to push them forward.  Other researchers have discovered and
published previously unkown issues and TOR has worked to fix those.

This is just how Science and Opensource work.

If you want to suggest solutions please do, especially in the form of
code.

If you want to point out NEW problems again please do.

There's probably even room for writing about old problems somewhere
so new users will be aware of them and work within the current
limitation of the software.  I think TOR does a fair job of this but
I'm an old user so no longer a very good judge of introductory docs.

I see no use to anyone however in constantly harping on them here, we
know privacy isn't solved.

-Jon