[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[tor-talk] Tor 0.3.4.3-alpha is released
There's a new alpha Tor release! Because it's an alpha, you should
only run it if you're ready to find more bugs than usual, and report
them on trac.torproject.org.
The source code is available from the usual place on
www.torproject.org; if you build Tor from source, why not give it a
try? And if you don't build Tor from source, packages should be ready
over the coming days, with a Tor Browser alpha release likely over the
next several weeks. (Tomorrow's planned TB alpha will probably still
Here's what's new!
Changes in version 0.3.4.3-alpha - 2018-06-26
Tor 0.3.4.3-alpha fixes several bugs in earlier versions, including
one that was causing stability issues on directory authorities.
o Major bugfixes (directory authority):
- Stop leaking memory on directory authorities when planning to
vote. This bug was crashing authorities by exhausting their
memory. Fixes bug 26435; bugfix on 0.3.3.6.
o Major bugfixes (rust, testing):
- Make sure that failing tests in Rust will actually cause the build
to fail: previously, they were ignored. Fixes bug 26258; bugfix
o Minor feature (directory authorities):
- Stop warning about incomplete bw lines before the first complete
bw line has been found, so that additional header lines can be
ignored. Fixes bug 25960; bugfix on 0.2.2.1-alpha
o Minor features (relay, diagnostic):
- Add several checks to detect whether Tor relays are uploading
their descriptors without specifying why they regenerated them.
Diagnostic for ticket 25686.
o Minor features (unit tests):
- Test complete bandwidth measurements files, and test that
incomplete bandwidth lines only give warnings when the end of the
header has not been detected. Fixes bug 25947; bugfix
o Minor bugfixes (compilation):
- Refrain from compiling unit testing related object files when
--disable-unittests is set to configure script. Fixes bug 24891;
bugfix on 0.2.5.1-alpha.
- When linking the libtor_testing.a library, only include the
dirauth object files once. Previously, they were getting added
twice. Fixes bug 26402; bugfix on 0.3.4.1-alpha.
- The --enable-fatal-warnings flag now affects Rust code as well.
Closes ticket 26245.
o Minor bugfixes (onion services):
- Recompute some consensus information after detecting a clock jump,
or after transitioning from a non-live consensus to a live
consensus. We do this to avoid having an outdated state, and
miscalculating the index for next-generation onion services. Fixes
bug 24977; bugfix on 0.3.2.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (relay):
- Relays now correctly block attempts to re-extend to the previous
relay by Ed25519 identity. Previously they would warn in this
case, but not actually reject the attempt. Fixes bug 26158; bugfix
o Minor bugfixes (testing):
- Fix compilation of the doctests in the Rust crypto crate. Fixes
bug 26415; bugfix on 0.3.4.1-alpha.
- Instead of trying to read the geoip configuration files from
within the unit tests, instead create our own ersatz files with
just enough geoip data in the format we expect. Trying to read
from the source directory created problems on Windows with mingw,
where the build system's paths are not the same as the platform's
paths. Fixes bug 25787; bugfix on 0.3.4.1-alpha.
- Refrain from trying to get an item from an empty smartlist in
test_bridges_clear_bridge_list. Set DEBUG_SMARTLIST in unit tests
to catch improper smartlist usage. Furthermore, enable
DEBUG_SMARTLIST globally when build is configured with fragile
hardening. Fixes bug 26196; bugfix on 0.3.4.1-alpha.
tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe or change other settings go to