Re: exit node only server

When establishing trust relationships, one always has to give away a little bit to get started. In order for a potential ally to establish a reputation of good stewardship with me, I have to give him a small amount of expendable resources, in order to determine whether that generosity will be returned. As the reputation inherent in such a relationship grows, the amount of resources can also grow.

This is the technique Bittorrent uses. greedy bt users don't get shut out - they just get very slow service. The fewer resources you need, the closer you get to not needing to provide any resources at all in order to get what you want. It's a function of the reosurce pool and the number of participants. If all you need is a little bit, then you should be able to get it without too much trouble, and without disrupting the bigger operations of the network.

--
Nato Welch
nate@xxxxxxxxx