Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 21:27:00 -0500
From: Eddie <FastEddie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: OS/X Installer

Has anyone used the OS/X installer (.9.6)?  My Win32 system is not
stable more than a couple of days due to what appears to be a memory
leak in the personal firewall I use (it just keeps consuming memory over
time).  I grabbed the .9.6 OS/X installer for my eMac and after it
installed I was not able to run Tor.  Tor complained about not being
able to bind to the ports.   Is Tor being launched in the background and
I just was not able to see it?

I went through the pain of downloading the development tools (they are
quite large...300+MB) and compiled from the source and the binary I
created can bind to the ports (after I deleted the previously installed
version of Privoxy and Tor that came with the OS/X installer).

----- End forwarded message -----