[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: Fun NJ law proposed...
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: Fun NJ law proposed...
- From: "Watson Ladd" <watsonbladd@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 18:38:27 -0500
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 18:38:32 -0500
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=gVk+0EQIWseb8Qw3Ru3Oqnf4RZS1RxOtCS9zUxnGaI94yItrkteHoZW3hMJ1Upa/6ZTmffbJnxvQFlfDy5xqvCKQYft6WU9t2fpAyZG2u1csqhv4esbzr5Oq7UHV187iBrGVEJvRvYi2rJBqieSm8NEzWyYkzJAMb1TM7v6/JK0=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
We are safe: This law is unconstitutional, and we have the boxes:
Use in that order to defend liberty.
On 3/6/06, Josh <huber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In particular, this part is scary:
> "In addition, the bill makes any operator or Internet service
> provider liable for compensatory and punitive damages as well as
> costs of a law suit filed by a person damaged by the posting of
> such messages if the operator or Internet service provider fails
> to establish, maintain and enforce the policy required by section
> 2 of the bill."
> Well, the rest of it's scary, too... ;-)
"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little
Temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-- Benjamin Franklin