Re: Talks of hidden services and DNS

Hello,

This definitely sounds like it will work, and I cannot see it really
taking any extra or special coding.  I think it would work "out of the
box".  The DNS would work both in and out of Tor.  It would be running
outside of Tor, so users not using Tor would get back the CNAME
pointing to 1234abcd.onion and realize that they need Tor to use
.hidden. domains (or .hidden.int.).  It really seems to me like it
should all work well and integrate smoothly into the current system.
Then again, I am very new to Tor, so I could be overseeing something.

I do not see any major security holes that this would bring up.  It
seems to me like it would be the same as accessing google.com through
Tor -- the DNS is looked up through Tor and so it would not be
overridden by a malicious ISP or country.

Kasimir