Re: "TLS error while renegotiating handshake" on Win XP

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 02:03:22PM -0600, Jonathan Addington wrote:
> Does [scrubbed] change or is it always the same?
> >
> > I've noticed that the following warning has appeared periodically (5
> > times in the last 45 hours) since I began running tor relay freeflow
> > (Windows XP Service Pack 2 [workstation] {terminal services, single
> > user} on the newly released Tor v0.2.0.21-rc(r13812).
> >
> > [Warning] TLS error while renegotiating handshake with [scrubbed]:
> > sslv3 alert handshake failure (in SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES)

I believe [scrubbed] is the actual string that he is seeing. Tor doesn't
like printing IP addresses when it can help it. :)

In this case, I believe those warnings come from people running Tor
clients or relays on 0.2.0.17-alpha, which had a bug in TLS handshaking.

We left the warning in, in case there was a later bug too. But I think
there isn't. So we will downgrade it to an 'info' level log in the next
release candidate.

Thanks!
--Roger