Re: GSoC Idea: Packaging Tor+Vidalia

Hi,
if you are interested I can defenitivly help you with the packaging part of this task! I have already packaged vidalia for ubuntu. My solution at the moment is stopping the tor daemon and removing it from the runlevels through vidalia's postinst script. There's really no need for tor to run with every boot. That should be the users choice not the packagers. Although it is a nicer way to run tor as debian-tor user like Peter packaged it.

The next thing is if tor is configured with "ControlPort 9051" Vidalia is already attaching to it but it seems it can't change the config than. If you are interested I would like to help you with finding a proper solution for the problem.

greets