Re: SSL question (Problem?)

I'm not saying that this was the issue but a possibility is that one of the new "hacking" tools called sslstrip could have been used to move your connection from encrypted to plain text.  One of the features of this tool is that it replaces your favicon with whatever the attacker wishes.

See the Avoiding HTTPS Pitfalls or Moxie Marlinspike related threads for more discussion

ROC Tor Admin