[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Subject: Gsoc Ideas
- From: 李东 <ldongxp@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 17:09:11 +0800
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 05:09:15 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type; bh=GQuBsLThy+e1aMbZ61XAQwoXkn8HEA4WHRFufRkGLBE=; b=cfY7CnDtuLo6Kp3OQBXy71JDtUMWjyWAMZ+PCvz4sbjJK+6qIwBlItkA9/MswYf8pD tCg4p7+9gTtvWO3+BudBoabGi63lwaReerxxpJNU4WbFWD8vzaRTXHADwOObsxVTOpxd vZ+fLpUJslQ/Kv7WqhG1ZQbbvpWU4z/rvazso=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=xP9amq9OTcm0Lc25o0wSyDaPcC10Y9nljHBiNU2y/SrRgglzZfZ71xuGCeirKOS5lZ DHTVHMp9yy516e+zgdmW3T2GmEk5Yo3ljRIjtst/csBC8fUu84RhQWLFskh7ypn6Wle2 P23LjHOjymUeeWAwylnd3/V5ZdQXPeRczCSxA=
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm Li Dong and I study at Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences. I'm considering applying for project "Tor Controller Status Event Interface" .
Tor Controller Status Event Interface
I had done some UI development with Qt in a project, and I had read most of the Vidalia source code. So I think I may do this job well.
Approach: put a little blinking badge on Vidalia's tray icon that alerts the user to new status events they should look at.
1 develop the UI part of a dialog to show recent status event to the users; develop the slot to handle the status changing signals emitted by tor.
2 list the events and possible operation options and tips; this part may be implemented in two ways: one is that tips are provided as signal parameters by tor process; the other is to create a table to map the events to tips/operations
3 according to the operations chosen by the user, emit proper signals to tor
What do you think of my approach?
Thanks ahead for replying,