Re: Question about signing & verifying

On 3/13/10, ilter yÃksel <ilteryuksel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've question about signing especially for signing router-descriptor;
>
> Is the router "signing-key" using to prepare a router's signature with
> digest algorithm? If so then does an OR sign it's router descriptor with
> it's signature? Finally can we say right for below sequence?
>
> "signing-key" ---- digest algorithm --- > "router-signature"
> initial "router-descriptor" ----- sign with "router-signature" --- > signed
> "router-descriptor"

Selamlar Älter,

Actually it is

descriptor ---> digest function

private key --->  RSA engine ----> signature

> After that how a directory authority verify whether the router descriptor is
> self-signed?

signature

RSA engine  ---> recovered digest  ?=?  digest function <--- descriptor
    ^

public key (signing-key)

To demonstrate, in Java you might do something like:
http://pastebin.com/fvtS3Uyv.

Regards
OÄuz