Re: [tor-talk] Where to advertise bridges?

On 3/18/2012 11:45 PM, borderguard@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Where are some good places to advertise tor bridges?

I'm also interested in the question. It might better be phrased "How do
we inform people of our bridges who can use them?"

If the following is off the wall I'll be glad to be corrected.

I hang out in emigre & exile communities; sometimes I'll invite myself
to a meeting of a group I know nothing about except that comms to the
home country has been blocked. Most of the people I meet have other
things on their minds besides installing & managing Vidalia, or the
knowledge & equipment to do so. I don't feel confident myself to engage
in training. But I wear a tee with the Tor onion in the expectation that
if someone recognizes it, he or she will remark on it, and then I can
offer the existence of the bridge. I do the same thing when I meet with
peace-activist or humanitarian-aid groups. so far I haven't had any
takers, but this seems like a simple way of spreading the word to those
who can use it.- eliaz
--
gpg ID: C3E1E38D