Re: [tor-talk] high memory usage

Is it possible that someone using my bridge dropped something into my
system?

Thanks Jude. I don't think anonymity has been compromised, while running
the bridge I haven't used the client, being busy with other things. I
haven't had time yet for *nix. I've run VirtualBox for a couple of
years. (For the devil of it I've run Vidalia successfully in Win2K in
the VM, and also off a flash drive, but don't have any reason to think
those two ways would be any more secure than running off the Vista host
machine.)

Thanks too for Jon's & Robert Ransom's replies. I was running no extra
apps when this problem started. I'm using TBB 2.2.35-7.1, it's clean.
Looking at processes, I see way too many new svchosts. I'm running
tasklists in a batch file for the next few days to see what the svchosts
are carrying & what changes as the memory use rises. So far no malware
reported by AVG, I'll run a full system scan tonight. After that I'll
recheck my local & modem/router ports. The bridge has been carrying
traffic from up to 14 countries according to the bandwidth usage,
sometimes it's quite heavy. AFAICT the message log doesn't show anything
amiss. - eliaz | gpg ID: C3E1E38D