Re: [tor-talk] Setting up Tor on Ubuntu

On 22 March 2012 18:21, Dererk <dererk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 22/03/12 19:09, Simon Brereton wrote:
>> Doh! ÂI thought this had been done as part of the set-up (I thought I
>> had seen this done). I'll do that.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Simon
> < Just to clarify my last email >
>
> Bare in mind the whole procedure I quoted before is required _only_ when
> you are diverging from the packages default behaviour.
> You wont have to do any of this in case you use your system-wide running
> Tor.
>
> All this is explained carefully with details on the package
> documentation I make reference before (README.Debian).

I'll read it.

I didn't think I was diverting from the packages default behaviour.
But Vidalia sure wasn't happy with/able to start the tor I installed
with
sudo apt-get install tor

My preference would have to been to find out I didn't need vidalia and
that I could easily run either ALL traffic or none through the tor
network.  An instantaneous "stealth-mode" if you like.

Thanks for the time and input!

Simon