Re: [tor-talk] Is there a way to use internet in a sandbox environment? (Linux)

Most browsers actually already do exactly this and run tabs inside a
sandbox.

If you wanted to restrict that further, you could look at chrooting or
using docker. Or take it a step further and use a full blown VM (whether
that's KVM or something like Virtualbox).

But don't, please, follow the suggestion of using root for routine
non-internet tasks. You should use privileged accounts only when you
actually require that level of privilege. Also keep in mind that while
malware running as an unpriviliged user cannot (generally) hose the system,
it can still steal/corrupt whatever data that user has access to. Unless
this is a shared system, you probably care more about that data than the OS
files themselves.