[tor-talk] Is there a way to use internet in a sandbox environment? (Linux)

Using internet in a sandbox environment would be ideal to prevent viruses/theft.

I am posting some links related to this topic.

1) Discussion on stackexchange: https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/35373/how-to-make-sandbox-only-internet-access

2) Using hypervisor/kvm to connect to the internet. Hypervisor Technologies: https://opensourceforu.com/2016/03/the-top-open-source-hypervisor-technologies/ ;

3) Virtual Desktop: https://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-522-6274-.html

4) Another way would be to block internet for the root user in Linux and allowing internet only for other users. In this way, one is using root for offline activities and other users for online activities (just like a sandbox environment).

But it looks like if you enable internet connection for non-root user then the root user is automatically connected to the internet (I maybe wrong).

I have tried using some commands from the below links replacing "USERNAME" with "root" (THERE MAYBE RISK INVOLVED IN DOING SO) but I had to restart the system to enable the internet connection again.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/223434/how-to-disable-internet-for-a-user-on-a-system

https://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/block-outgoing-network-access-for-a-single-user-from-my-server-using-iptables.html

Any suggestions?

Thank you.