Re: [tor-talk] tor project website change

On Wed, 27 Mar 2019, Mirimir wrote:

> On 03/27/2019 08:01 AM, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Who changed the web content at https://www.torproject.org/download/ ?
> > Previously I could relatively easily check for the latest tor version
> > but now I get only a number of tor browser options in a page that is way
> > too big for what it offers. (and I use a 4K screen)
> > Why was this done? What purpose does it serve for tor? (not the browser)
> > And where is one supposed to find the tor download page from that (now)
> > tor browser page?
> >
> > Udo
>
> Yes, the Tor Project site has increasingly focused on Tor browser.

And the blog post is saying:
https://blog.torproject.org/meet-new-torprojectorg

    In addition to this update, we are also better organizing all the
    other content into different portals. For instance, last year we
    launched our support portal to host all the content related to user
    support. Coming next will be our community.torproject.org portal
    that will feature content related to the different ways you can join
    our community and spread the word about Tor. The portal for all of
    our free software projects will soon be dev.torproject.org.

So there are plans to add the informations that is currently missing
from the new website to those new portals. And in the meantime the old
website is still available at https://2019.www.torproject.org/.