Re: Logging to a file?

Ron Davis writes:

> In the meantime, I uncommented "log notice syslog" in torrc and now
> Tor will indeed log to syslog ( /usr/log/messages ). I'd rather have
> that it would log to debug.log and notice.log though.

To log to a file, your Log configuration directive in torrc should look
like this:

    Log warn file /home/chris/tor.log

Obviously, user chris can write to that file, and I run Tor as chris.

If you log via syslog, to get syslog to separate debugs from notices,
edit your /etc/syslog.conf as specified in the syslog.conf(5) man page.

--
http://www.eff.org/about/staff/#chris_palmer