Re: TOR on Academic networks (problem)

On 5/16/06, Watson Ladd <watsonbladd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
10,000 IP addresses, or domain names? We only need to block the
webservers.
btw, how does the library proxy handle this much? I think tor can do
regex matching on the ip/hosts.

Tor doesn't do DNS-based blocking for a variety of reasons (consult the FAQ).

I think the best thing is to use a nice tree for all directory
lookups. Something tells me tor uses a slow linear search through the
file if it's not scaling O(lg n).
> --
> Joseph Lorenzo Hall
> PhD Student, UC Berkeley, School of Information
> <http://josephhall.org/>

Sincerely,
Watson Ladd
- ---