Re: TOR on Academic networks (problem)

On 5/17/06, Michael Holstein <michael.holstein@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Either allow the ExitPolicy to be longer somehow, or change the program
so the "basic" routing policy is published, and allow each server to
have a more specific one that is checked only when someone's using that
exit -- to say "no, I don't allow that specific site, pick another node".

That's a good solution for the long run, and I'm sure if you provide the patches it'll get implemented quite quickly.

In the mean time, if I were running a directory server (and I'm not),
I wouldn't allow you in the directory if I knew your exit policy
wasn't valid.  Sure, it might not negatively affect many people, but
the alternatives, to take you out of the directory or to add *:80 to
your reject list, would negatively affect no people.

Anthony