help: "Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing connections"

I've been poking around the Tor site and wiki looking for help, this forum seemed the closest to newbie-friendly i could find.

I recently installed Tor onto Firefox 3.5.9 on a PowerPC Mac Powerbook running OSX 10.5.8. It worked fine for about 5 days and then starting giving me the message on the subject line. I changed proxy settings from "none" to "auto-detect" and it didnt help. Any help is appreciated.

Thanx!
Yaacov