Re: Some sites recognize TOR

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 03:01:36PM +0530, fromwindowstolinux@xxxxxxxxx wrote 0.4K bytes in 9 lines about:
: I have encountered this on several sites,
: some upon registration or sometimes in google search that the site would
: recognize that I am using proxy and would ask me to do otherwise.

In Google's case, it's unlikely they care enough about Tor to use any of
our exit/dnsel lists.  They simply use their metrics of number of
queries per IP address and treat it accordingly.  I as understand, it is
an automated system that once you trip some threshold, you see captchas.

--
Andrew Lewman
The Tor Project

Website: https://www.torproject.org/