Re: [tor-talk] problem with facebook account

On 5/29/2011 6:12 PM, Joe Btfsplk wrote:

> On 5/29/2011 5:38 PM, Zaher F. wrote:
>> can somebody help me about blocking accounts on facebook when i am
>> using tor???
>>

>> i guess that should be a code country i can retrieve my account
>> without using phone number
>>

>> am i right or what???
> I don't have a facebook acct, so not positive.  Often, pages won't let
> you log into acct if your Tor exit node is coming from a diff country
> than one you signed up with.
>
> Some have success by using the ExitNodes command in Vidalia torrc file
> & using the same country code as when acct was created.  If want to be
> sure it only uses exit node from the country specified, use the
> StrictExitNodes 1 command after the ExitNodes.  See the "manual" link
> on Tor projects documentation page.

The manual is not really clear about what a country code is or where to
find yours.  I searched the internet for Country Codes and found a list
somewhere, but I do not recall right now where that list was.  In any
case, the strict exit nodes solution solved a similar problem for me.

David