Re: [tor-talk] Vidalia GUI locks up repeatedly

On 5/30/2011 9:45 PM, Tomas Touceda wrote:
On 18:37 Mon 30 May     , Joe Btfsplk wrote:
Tor Vidalia bundle 0.2.1.30 - 0.2.12, Torbutton 1.33a in Vista x64 - GUI
keeps locking up after Tor is active for a while (maybe 30 min - 1hr).
Happening several weeks - at least - most every time I use it longer
than a few min.

After 1st starting Vidalia bundle, I can look at the Viadalia UI,
Network status page (and logs) w/ no problems or delays.   Icons for
both (if each has been opened once) are minimized to tray.  After a
while, can no longer reopen / maximize either one - Vidalia or Network
Status.  I can click the Vidalia icon group&  it pops up both, but when
click on them, nothing happens.  Also clicking "Restore" or "maximize"
option either icon after clicking the group icon, does nothing.

Tor continues to work - unless I continue messing w/ the Vidalia UI,
trying to get it opened.  Usually, after repeated attempts to get the UI
opened, message pops that Vidalia has stopped working.  Then must close
all 3 prgms thru task mgr.

Can restart Vidalia / Tor right away&  it works OK for a while - then
same thing.
Hi,

Does this happen with Vidalia 0.2.10?

No, not that I recall. If it did w/ 0.2.10, it was rare or I would have remembered it. AFAIK, the log created if for Tor info / errors only - so nothing about Vidalia errors. The only non specific msg from the Vista "program has stopped working" window - in details - just says an 'apphang' & identifies vidalia.exe . A few other #s listed in err msg, but nothing that would help trouble shooting, in my experience. I can capture the err msg next time, but doubt it will help.

If the tor-log has any useful info about Vidalia crashes, I'm not advanced enough to find it. Current log is set for standard output (stdout).